Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 1 Friday wrap-up

This week I did okay exercising, not excellent and not terrible, just okay. I did 60 minutes on the elliptical Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. What about Wednesday you ask. Well, I let the scale get me down a little on Wednesday. I know I probably shouldn’t get on the scale everyday but I can’t help it. It’s just sitting there in the bathroom asking for me to step on it every morning, so I do. As long as I see a drop, even if it’s only a fraction of a pound I’m okay. But on Wednesday I saw a small increase in the numbers which sapped my motivation to workout that day. It was only later that I realized the increase was probably due to the fact that it was that TOM this week.

That leads to the second part of the Friday wrap-up. I lost 3.4 pounds this week. That’s also not great but considering the above, I guess it could be worse. I don’t know if I retain water during TOM but it’s a good excuse for not losing more weight, don’t you think? :-?

My eating has been okay. I’m sticking to my assigned points, and haven’t spent much time hungry. I finally figured out how to find recipes on the WW site and have cooked a couple of new ones this week for dinner. I made a delicious chili, which I’ve never done before. The taste was wonderful but it’s a high-points recipe for a relatively small portion. So, to make the meal filling I served it over a large bed of lettuce and called it chili salad. I’d never served my husband a salad for dinner and he was a little put-off by it. All through dinner he kept giving me dirty looks, and asked for “a side of steak with that.” Hahaha!!! Please don't get the wrong idea about him. He's very supportive. He was only kidding. We joke around a lot.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like my man! LOL!! Gotta love 'em. Girl...3.4 pounds is AWESOME!!! Also, about the scale. I hate the scale and it hates me. I finally put mine in the closet and didn't weigh for 7 weeks. Guess what? I lost 7 pounds. But, I guarantee if I had been weighing every day I would have given up bc I get discouraged with the little fluctuations too. I also measure. Weighing is just one tool...don't forget! You are doing GREAT!! :)

    ReplyDelete