Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Honest with everyone but myself

I’m writing this blog because I expect the process of losing weight will take a long time and I want a way to track what worked and what didn’t. So, I was just re-reading a couple of my posts and I noticed a theme of honesty, that is, my current attempts to be honest with myself. This got me thinking about a “get to know your friends” questionnaire that my sister emailed me last week. You know the kind; it’s an email with a bunch of questions about your life, preferences, likes and dislikes. You’re supposed to answer the questions and return it to your friend as well as forward it to other friends who you want to learn more about.

Well, one of the questions was, “What characteristic do you despise?” and I didn’t even have to think about this one. I despise dishonesty. I try to keep it real… no it’s more than that. I think I’m honest to a fault sometimes, one of the character flaws that I’ve put a conscious effort into changing over the years. Anyway, re-reading my blog got me thinking that, though I find dishonesty in others detestable, and take pride in being an honest person myself, I’ve had no problem being dishonest with myself over the years, at least when it came to my weight-loss attempts. Why is it that I can be honest with everyone else but not with myself. Hmmm… I really don’t know. I need to think about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment