Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fitness Ridge Day 3

I got enough sleep last night. YAY!!! I think I was asleep by 8:30, and was ready to start the day when the alarm went off at 6AM this morning.

It’s raining here in Utah today, and I almost wimpped out on the hike because of it. A lot of people were choosing to stay on campus and work out in the gym, and I almost let that sway me, but, the thought of spending ALL day in the gym was not an appealing one. Plus I brought a rain poncho so I had no excuse to stay behind. And, I really wanted to do the stop sign hike again. So I did it. Believe it or not, it felt a little easier this time.

I was wet and freezing when I got back, so I came to my room and changed all my clothes before my next class, which was a Core Workshop. That class was mostly lecture and not hard at all, but someone in the class actually puked into a trash can during the class. It would be cool if she puked because she was working out so hard but I really don’t think that could be the case since what we were doing at the time wasn’t very hard.

My favorite class today was kickboxing. I had never taken a kickboxing class before but now I’m going to try it at home. It was SO fun. We put on little gloves with padding in the knuckle area, and spent the entire class kicking and punching a punching bag. Really cool!

Right after kickboxing was another Mountain class, which I mentioned before. You pick a cardio machine (treadmill, elliptical or bike), start off at a low resistance or slow pace then increase resistance or pace every 3 minutes, 13 times. Right around the 10th increase I was thinking that I was just NOT going to make it. I guess I must have said that out loud because the girls on either side of me both said some encouraging words which made me stop the negative thinking. That is the power of coming to a place like this. Everyone is in the same boat, feeling the same pain and wanting to just give up, but then somebody says something to you, maybe one of the trainers or one of the other guests and it motivates you to dig deeper.

It was a good day, and now it’s time for bed.

Today’s schedule:
7:00AM Breakfast (Italian frittata, I tasted it and hated it so asked for toast instead. I added a tiny bit of peanut butter and jelly, and a banana for a tasty breakfast)
8:00AM Hike
11:15AM Core workshop (with a puking side-show)
12:45PM Lunch (BBQ pizza, which I also passed on because I hate BBQ sauce. I had a veggie burger instead)
1:15PM Lecture (breaking barriers)
2:30PM Kickboxing (first time I ever took a kickboxing class)
3:30PM Mountain (I worked REALLY hard on this class)
4:30PM Pool
5:45PM Dinner (Café salad, kind of like a taco salad. It had rice, beans, chicken lettuce and tomato all on top of a whole wheat tortilla)
6:15PM Lecture (Intuitive Eating)



Here’s a picture of the frittata that I sent back. It looks good but was mostly veggies, and if you know me you know that I’m not big on veggies.


I’m not sure but I think these little trees are baby Joshua Trees. There all over the place along the stop sign hike.


Here is a picture of me in all my lovely glory at the top of the stop sign hike. I look terrible! I’m wearing a million layers, and my face is all wet, but I don’t care. I got to the top and am proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment