Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Plan

I’ve been reading a couple of weight-loss blogs over the past few weeks and have picked up some good ideas from them. Any good weight-loss program has to revolve around diet AND exercise, right? It seems so straight forward but it’s easier said than done, really. And over the past few years my unsuccessful weight-loss attempts have only included one or the other. I joined Jenny Craig but did very little exercise. I’ve also done well with the exercise but continued consuming the same number of calories. But I’ve noticed one thing the successful weight-loss bloggers all have in common is some kind of diet program along with moderate (at the beginning) levels of exercise. So that’s what I’m going to do.

For my “diet” I’m going to join Weight Watchers online. It sounds like a good program, easy to follow with lots of support. Weight Watchers has been around for a long time and I think is a healthy option. I’m choosing the online program because I’ve joined WW in the past and didn’t get much out of the weekly meetings. Plus, although the weigh-in is supposed to be private, it’s really not. The people in line behind and around you can see your numbers.

As for the exercise, well I have many options there. I just joined a gym. It’s nice because it’s a women-only gym. I also have exercise DVDs, hand weights, a balance ball and an elliptical at home. So I just have to get off my butt and do it.

I just have to commit to a starting date. Sigh

The one big thing that I have committed to is I’ll be spending 4 weeks at The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. Yay!!! I can't wait. Currently I’m scheduled to spend March 28th through April 25th at the Ridge, but am on a waiting list to spend 2 of those 4 weeks there sooner. Oh, please, please, please someone cancel so I can get up there sooner.

2 comments:

  1. Hi DeeAnn!
    You and I have so many things in common!
    I'm also 40, tried WW online but temp. closed my account until after FR stay. My biggest problem is exercising...ugh! I'm know once I'm around other people in my situation at FR, and following the program correctly while receiving lots of support, I can do this. WE can do this! I'll be there Jan 10th - Feb 7 so I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete