Friday, December 4, 2009

The Beginning

Since I was in my twenties I thought I would have it all by the time I was 40 years old. I thought I would have the happy marriage, the education/career and that I would be fit and healthy by 40. Well, let's take stock. I'm happily married to my high school sweetheart, for 15 years now. My husband is the best and most stable thing in my life. As for the education, well I started college a little later than most but eventually got both a BS and PhD. And though this terrible economy is making it tough for me to keep a stable job, I know that I have the knowledge and tools to get and keep the job of my dreams. The one place where I’m really lacking is the whole health and fitness thing. Let’s face it, I’m fat.
Before I started writing this blog I guess I never really thought of my weight as a “goal”. For some reason I thought I would just BE fit. Yeah, right. Maybe that’s part of the problem. I never thought about my health as a goal in the way that I thought about my education as a goal, something I had to work for. Well, if I can earn a PhD in molecular biology I can lose weight! And that’s what this blog is going to be about, my weight-loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment